Our caulk jobs are flush with the deck and coping with no spillovers. Flush caulking prevents algae and plant growth in the coping joint. A good caulk job will prevent frost penetration to help protect tile and coping damage.
We use two part gun-grade polyurethane caulk. We do not use pourable or self leveling caulk. Two Part Gun-grade polyurethane is stiffer and more labor intensive, but it has many advantages.
I wanted to thank you for your excellent work over the past few years. It’s been a pleasure working with you. – – – T.R.
Two Part Gun-Grade caulk: mixed on site
- Can be installed at the same level as the coping and deck
- Can be sloped if your deck has been lifted or has dropped below the coping
- Develops a quick skin
- Has a quick set up time, making it is resistant to blisters from heat and moister
- Will not develop sink holes or have over spills
- It is our experience that 1 part gun-grade works well when conditions are perfect, but because of the longer set up time it is more susceptible to blistering than 2 part gun-grade
Pourable or Self leveling caulk will not give you the above advantages.
Self leveling caulk:
- By its’ nature must be installed below grade to avoid over spills
- At below grade it can accumulate dirt, debris and water causing bacteria and algae growth in the joint
- Remains tacky several days after installation and has a much longer set up time
We offer a wide variety of colors. The most popular are White, Gray and Tan.
Spa Wall Repair
Small Tile Repair
Core drilling for handrail anchors. Anchors will be bonded and installed with hydraulic cement.
Finished handrail installation at right.
Contact us for service in New Castle County, Delaware or Chester County, PA or Cecil County, MD.
We also install Saftron heavy duty PVC handrails and grab rails in various colors. They do not require any bonding or grounding.